Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 OLW


Rediscover ...

. . . my 'one little word' for 2012

When prompted to think of one word that would sum up my goals and aspirations for the new year, I was challenged to think outside the box. So many 'resolutions' are made with the best intentions, but carry though is difficult. What I needed to think upon was something that would help me in more than one area of my life so that it would both create and enhance change.

Rediscover.

William Morris is quoted as saying,

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to beautiful".

This says a lot beyond physical items. To me, it also encourages positive words and actions.
The hymn writer, Cecil F. Alexander (1818-1895) sums it up for me:

All things bright and beautiful, all things great and small ...
... How good is God our Father, who doeth all things well.

Rediscover ways to do all things well.
When you rediscover, you change your perspective on things.

Here's one of my pre-2012 rediscoveries:


Who knew bobbins made great hat stands.
Instead of just adding to a vignette - as in the first photo at the top of the page, they can be useful beyond their original function.


May the New Year be filled with rediscoveries for us all.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Love this post, I have been doing some reading and thinking about the power of words (great book: Aspire: Discovering your purpose through the power of words) And so,I absolutely LOVE your choice of words! I will be thinking of one myself today. That book challenged me to think of what my God given gift is - and do some thinking about putting that to use daily :)